Global Headquarters :2302 office, 23rd floor, Aurora Tower, Dubai Media City,
P.O Box 503005
Office Hours: Sunday to Thursday, 09:00 - 18:00hr
As the digital space continues to evolve in a predictable but many a times unpredictable environment, brands need to keep experimenting their methods of content delivery to have a grip of their imagination and keep altering their ways of communicating with their target audience.
Brands who are daring on social media always have an edge as they are more reactive in nature to changes that occur in the social space.
- Brands will choose social media platforms according to the Survival of the Fittest – Several platforms are now having a more defined audience according to the Age, Gender and other demographics. Brands are adapting themselves to suit their customers. Dormant social media platforms which are not very active now are bring closed, and brands are consolidating their social presence to have a more effective reach.
- More in-the-moment and live content will prevail – Several social platforms have taken from Snapchat, on inculcating more expiring content within their channels.
- The rise of Chat bots – Artificial intelligence will now reach higher levels where its integrated in people’s daily lives. Brands will invest in the development of digital assistants to automate several processes.
- The increase in private social media – brands are now connecting with the younger generations through messaging apps like Whats App and Snapchat, where they indulge in one-on-one direct conversations
- Community Led Activations – Brands are going more local targeting community events to have a physical interaction with their target audience. Events like Ripe Marketing, Good Vibes Market and community curated events are getting strong attendance, and these are completely driven by social media. Brands are enjoying that one-on-one connection which was needed with its customers. Several small business rely on these community markets to create their exposure.
- Employees turn into Beacons for their brands – Several Brands have now starting turning to employees as brand ambassadors to further their brand image. Employee social advocacy programs have risen to about 191% since 2013 as per Social Toaster.
- Digital Video Content climbing towards the peak – Marketers have understood the importance of developing digital video content. Eighty-three percent brands also mentioned they would like to create more video content if time and resources was not an obstacle.
- The evolution of Social Purchasing – Brands have started integrating aspects of e-commerce within their social media channels. Social Channels like Facebook, Pinterest have product showcase feature for a call to action of purchase.
- GIFs and emojis sketch a personality for a brand and how customers express themselves – The user has a choice of self expression rather than images and text which was prevailing in the early years of social media. The use of these tools helps a brand in amending their perception as and when needed.
- Social Storytelling – Brands have learnt to now let loose and become more informal in their way of communicating with Live Videos and not to perfect looking content. Marketers are creating brand properties by introducing a face to the brand, and answering their customers in real time with various ways of storytelling.
- Niche social media platforms are become more relevant to many brands who would once think that Facebook is their key platform. Brands are making a shift with their customers as well as they are now understanding how to study the consumer behavior and apply it to their digital marketing strategy.
In the Middle East, brands have been a little bit more conservative on social media. However over the years, we now see a shift in the brands educating their sales and customer service to get more social and engage with the end user. We also finally see CEOs finally getting the hand of social media and being open to catching up to speed on the social media trends happening internationally.